Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Again, I agree with what you are saying, I am simply saying that it is the demand for these amps

that is driving people to enter the market. If no one wanted them, no one would be making easy money wiring up the modules and dropping them in a case.

No doubt those with their own IP are in the driver's seat. The problem many are facing is that designing a first rate class d amp is no walk in the park. There are only a handful of people that have what it takes to do it. As a result, many traditional amp manufacturers lack the technical chops to create their own and thus have no choice but to buy someone else's.

Undoubtedly those that simply package up someone else's module won't be around for the long haul. We are already seeing the move among manufacturers to add their own circuitry to differentiate their product.

I have no desire to enter the class d amp manufacturing business. It's a hobby- if it becomes a job, I would have to find another hobby....

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.