Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Your brain has to cooperate. Mine hasn't yet.

I'm with you through much of your first paragraph, but surround sound isn't anything I want to pursue. And I have two aids (Oticon Alta 2) since both ears are sub-par, according to the audiologist's report and graph -- looks like a relief map of the Himalayas, in reverse.

They work pretty well EXCEPT for music listening. Yeah, big omission. The funny thing is that sometimes they work okay for that too, for a while. But invariably, the sound -- especially on sax and brass instruments --will become grainy/fluttery and stay that way. And the (inherent?) artificialness will either have to improve or not. Most of the time I end up going au natural when listening-- and it's bye-bye highs. No great loss, actually, since I haven't really heard them in years. I'm 86, if that matters.

Don't try this at home, i.e., without a good audiologist ready to keep trying to make things better. Mine has been just great and has now offered me another brand to try, next Tuesday. Stay tuned.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Your brain has to cooperate. Mine hasn't yet. - Dave Pogue 05:55:52 09/02/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.