Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: " I don't know if the reviewer noted the compromise involved with a 400-a-side amp of only 25lb. "

From B&O. This is for the ASP500 module, which was the middle of the 3 in the ASP series.
You have to admire the completeness of the specs and how forthcoming B&O was in this datasheet.
You may disagree IN DETAIL, but physics IS after all, simply physics. Module heating will be limited by how Quickly and Efficiently the heat 'migrates' from point of origin to the furthest point of 'sink'. This for the NCore stuff which you reference. You can Bet The Farm that better sinking willl result in better performance.

And yes, heatsink is GOOD. For example, many years ago, we used a CROWN DC-300 to run a shaker table for device qualification. I doubt the NC400 could do so. I doubt it would withstand the huge, low frequency high power abuse on a daily basis.
And yes, again. heatsink has some weight to it.

Go to page '6 of 26' for the REAL power callout.
FTC power? Limited, for test purposes to 3000hz.
Long Term Power of module limit (500 watts in this case) is 60 seconds w/NO preheat.
Attached in some fashion to additional heatsink, I'm sure that number would go UP.
Also, one of the power callouts is specified at Either 25c or 50c. The higher temp has the LOWER power.

Some other interesting information may pop out at 'ya upon check this doc out.

Again, I URGE you to have someone read my posts to you. I'm NOT going to repeat my stiplations for the 3rd or 4th time. I hope I was very clear, but if you have REAL questions about what I said, please write.
Too much is never enough

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.