Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Tube integrated reccomendations

Depends on your budget. I've heard both the Leben's and they're excellent. If you listen at higher SPL's or have a large room, I'd probably look at the 600. That said, the 300 offers probably the better value if you can get by with 15 watts a side. Another option I can recommend ( because I own one) is the Line Magnetic 218ia. It's an 845 based SET rated at 22 watts per channel. Pricewise about the same as the 300. I also have 2 friends with the similar but tube rectified Line Magnetic 518ia. That's about a 1K bump up from the 218. And finally I have a friend with a Rogue basic amp rated at 100 watts a side( KT 120 output tubes) and he raves about how powerful and well voiced it is. From this I have to assume that the overall best bang for the buck in integrateds might be the Rogue Cronus Magnum integrated. Same rating and tube compliment as the basic with the price around $2500. Really boils down to your ear and budget.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.