Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: incorrect on all counts

"Not my usual policy, but I can't resist any longer. You insult me, call me a liar, have heard my system without me knowing you were in my house, know everything about audio. You seem to be a real snob and a class A jerk.
"

Says the man calling me a snob and jerk for no apparent reason. Where did I insult you? Where did I call you a liar? When did I claim to hear your system or even make a direct comment about it other than to be doubtful your chip amp sounds sweet like a tube amp?? You are the jerk with your pseudo environmentalist BS about power consumption and consumerism...a man with not one, not two but THREE systems!! Do you leave them on all the time?? Bet you do because you think they consume so little, right? I turn mine on 30 minutes before I listen and off immediately after but I am a power hog while you are Mr. Saint Three Systems!

"My amps are not anything like Class D"

I know that is why I also mentioned chip amps...get it? I heard one of the first chip amps ever (47 labs) when the German importer first started to carry it. Is it using the same National Semiconductor chip as yours?? Probably similar. I heard it with the maxed out power supply tubes...not bad at all...didn't sound even remotely like a good tube amp though.

"these project the same natural tonality, inner detail, and spatiality "

I am sure you think they do...

"You recently bemoaned the dearth of innovation in SS circuitry. Here is an innovation of which you know absolutely nothing and you have never heard"

A) A chip amp is not novel anymore...try 15 years ago...
B) As stated above I heard the one that kicked off the whole gain clone trend. Heard a few of the later ones as well. Better sounding than Class D for sure but not a good tube amp, not buying it.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.