Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Got a Sonance 260...now what??

Hey everyone,
So….I'm new to high end amps like these. I've always had middle of the road Kenwoods, and they were ok. I was at the thrift store with my wife, and I finally found something that I like there!
it's a Sonance Sonamp 260. So I have NO idea what to do with this??? But it was in great shape, I could tell it was worth more than $8.00 so I snagged it. Got it home and downloaded the manual, and still confused how to hook this up. Is it a pre-amp for my regular amp? What goes in the inputs and outputs? There are only 2. And what about speakers? I'm just confused the chain of how these are hooked up in relation to regular home stereos.
Also, I was really hoping it would work for my recording mixer in my small home studio. I would rather use this than get self-powered monitors for the mixer. I got four 8 ohm Boston Acoustic speakers for $6! It was my lucky day. So I wonder if I can hook this up to the mixer and use the Bostons as montors for the mixer?
Here's a few pics of the back of the Sonance and a few of my mixer. Just in case someone can tell me how to hook this up properly. Thoughts, ideas, jokes about my lack of knowledge all welcome.
Thank you!

Edits: 07/08/15 07/08/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - Got a Sonance 260...now what?? - tdunn@lanset.com 08:36:26 07/08/15 (18)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.