Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

this is one reason high end brands don't want to deal with the issue.

yeah, well, every engineer has to deal with this when the marketing department says, 'we need a remote'. when your marketing department, i.e., your 'I can have it all at a lower price' mentality, decides it doesn't need remote, then you can either pay to have it done right, or leave it alone.
It sounds like the remote is somehow overriding the circuitry of the preamp......strange. Why should it depend on what the radio station is doing? That is after all decoded by the tuner, not the amplifier!
I can't understand why this shouldn't happen when you switch between sources on the preamp.
Is there really a difference in gain between radio stations?
In digital audio there is software to compensate for gain differences, that's probably what you are running into.
Also, tube preamps tend to massively increase gain. Your C-J is massively ramping up the voltage, unnecessarily really since modern sources already have plenty of voltage gain.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • this is one reason high end brands don't want to deal with the issue. - Tom Schuman 17:37:35 07/02/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.