Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: A/V Preamp For Stereo Music (Long rant)

I have little to offer in the way of recommendations. It seems you have tackled the majority of issues in a pretty good manner. Doing great HT or great 2ch is not hard to figure out, but doing both in one system is.

I also have the Thiel CS3s along with Thiel in wall center and on wall rears for my HT setup. It's a shame that the "new" Thiel has dropped architectural speakers from their lineup. They were and are still quite good. I also do not use the bass equalizer and that piece makes the speakers. I suspect dropping that from the mix and trying to use a subwoofer is a big reason you are blah about 2ch. I know that is why mine sound uninspiring. I recently had a friend help me lug the speakers along with the equalizer up to my primary listening room and they sounded pretty darn good again, although they can't touch my current 2ch speakers.

Your Lexicon pre is a great choice. If that isn't getting you good 2ch then you may have a speaker placement challenge or need to figure out how to re-insert that bass equalizer for 2ch and bypass the sub.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.