Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: First of all...

"he confirmed what the other vendors I've talked to are denying"

Since I'm one of the "other vendors", and what I and the other "deniers" are saying about the tubes differs from what this particular vendor you refer to asserts, it appears to say that what I/we say about the tubes is either incompetent or untrue. What other conclusion could be reached?

Why would the other vendor "make it up?" I don't know, there is no need to if indeed he did (I doubt he made it up). But apply the same logic to those of use who are NOT experiencing a lot of failures - why would WE make it up?

If you leave your pre on all the time that would mean that tube failures occurring from 100 to 700 hours (as you mentioned in another post) meant tubes failed in 4 days to 28 days. Even if you turned the unit off 1/3rd of the time the tubes would have failed well within the 90 day warranty period it would seem to me. I do confess that seems odd to me.

Tom, you didn't really upset me - nor am I saying that you aren't being truthful. But to me it just seems there is something more happening than I can put my finger on. The tubes you sent me that I've checked so far are simply worn out which is something I wouldn't have expected in the first 100 to 700 hours (about 5 to 40 days if the unit is on 66% of the time). But you mentioned that the unit is on all the time with a few exceptions before so that makes things even more interesting. I've never - not even with JJs - had 11 of 12 new tubes fail. The odds against that happening (especially occurring in the first 40 days of use) are huge, considering the tubes were very well tested before sale. I can't help but think something else is impacting the situation. Otherwise I'd have had over 900(!) 6922 Genalex returns last year.

Finally, two things - feel free to mention my name if you like. I have no problem being held accountable for what I do. Second, if you feel you are entitled to replacement tubes in exchange for the tubes you sent me just let me know and I'll take care of it.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.