Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Heat and your gear

Here's 20 EL34 tubes worth of glorious sounding heat, 10 per 250-watt monoblock. This worked out fine in the cool basement in our other home but since moving to our new place with a fairly small home office listening room, these had to go.

BTW, if you like the sound of tubes or most any other amp for that matter, stay away from these Brystons. They are the 'anti-tube', cool running, but cold sounding, sterile, dry, clinical, lean, and unlistenable.... for me anyway. I tried warming them up with a couple different tube linestages but was spending too much time trying to 'fix' the root of the problem. Ended up selling the Brystons. I'm not a Class D fan but I have to say that I preferred the Wyred4Sound SX-500 monoblocks better than the Brystons.

Unless you need hefty power, you might like the Ayre AX-7e 60wpc integrated amp. I now run the vacuum tube Rogue Cronus Magnum (x4 KT120s) in the winter and the Ayre AX-7e in the summer.

My Home Office Summer Amp:

My Home Office Winter Amp:

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.