Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: AMP for me.

Don't dismiss Marantz if that's what you really want, although the model numbers might change the units may have some improvements but still similar in price points and what the unit would match to. For example if I bought a 5002 integrated and waited to buy a new CD player I could still match it to a 5004 CD player.

To be honest the regular Marantz may be a good match for your CV's but a reference integrated would be a bit overkill, IMO. Meaning I'd consider the 11s to be "high end" where CV is not generally recognized as a "high end" speaker. You typically want to match your gear within a range of performance, unless knowing you will upgrade in the near future.

If I had only $100 to spend I'd look for a used home theater receiver, you won't need the latest home theater features and an older receiver would still have a built in DAC. Marantz makes excellent HT receivers, this may be a great option for you to have both Marantz & digital inputs.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.