Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Jolida 202 integrated - input selector problem

My Jolida 202 integrated has developed problems that appear to be from the input selector. Scratchy static and channel loss are the main symptoms. It started with the "aux" input (4th position) and has crept into the other 3 input positions just recently. It acts like the selector can't find the right position for clear sound because I can adjust the selector slightly within each position to clear it up. Unit was purchased new 7-8 years ago.

I don't think it's something else but it could be. I have some spare preamp (12AX7) and driver (12AT7) tubes I can try. The right channel seems most effected, but I get static in the left channel too. I'm wondering if anyone has taken off a face plate and serviced their own selector switches. If so, could a simple cleaning with Deoxit help? Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Topic - Jolida 202 integrated - input selector problem - dean_martin 10:33:00 05/26/15 (4)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.