Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Listening to the Puresound A30...with a Puresound L10 on front!

Maybe there is something to what you say but it seems to be more than that. It is a presence that is missing in most other speakers. For example, the Avantgarde + AudioPax was in a small and relatively quiet box in the downstairs exhbition hall. Since the space was small, no speaker would have had an issue with clipping there and yet the sound was unlike anything one usually gets from a normal box speaker...even with great tube amps.

I heard the Maggie + PS audio and they had a sub to reinforce the bass but it was not dialed in very well and made itself known a bit too much. In a small room that speaker will sound big and poweful but in this large room and 3-4 meters from a back wall it sounded weak.

When I had large full-range Acoustats in a smallish, untreated room the sound was huge and powerful...even with low powered amps. They went right up to the ceiling so I had a true floor to ceiling line source. There was nearly no drop in level from the speaker to the listening position.

I think those that panned LV are those that don't really love music because they focused on music that I would not call mainstream "popular" even for audiophiles.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.