Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Thanks for the responses! Analysis:

Thanks for your comments on the buyer's remorse issue! Right now the Adcom is burning in on the bench and I'll write an actual 'review' here in a fortnight - gotta' take some time to listen and let it sink in.
The responses fell into a few broad categories:

Folks who know the Adcom MOS-FET series and say they're pretty good, a few different versions were noted. This is useful information since it helps with the remorse condition without SSRI's.

Folks who say either 1) I should have save X more years and bought a Model Xxxxx it sounds much better; that I settled a little low on the price/performance curve or 2) I should have less watts for the about same bucks in a Model Yyyyy that sounds much better. But something with considerable output is required, and I have a budget. This is useful information in planning future amplifier purchases however.

Folks who dismiss Adcom as mid-fi flotsam and say I've sailed off the edge of the Audiophile world. I get it. But someone has to buy that older midpriced gear and I'm looking for an optimum point in sonics / cost. This is useful information in a way- it suggests I'm under the bell-curve where I have to be.

I'll let y'all know how it reacts in the Bearcave with my beloved old Thiels, old VPI, and old ears.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.