Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Ayre AX-5 - What is the "twenty" version ?

I'm looking at a long running Audiogon ad for a used Ayre AX-5 integrated amp. I believe the ad expired once and it's back up again. The seller says,

- "This unit was sent to Ayre a few months back for a complete upgrade."

So my question is, what needed upgrading? Were early units less than perfect requiring upgrades? Were they sonic upgrades related to audio or more along the lines of fixing operational problems with the user controls and/or remote ?

- "Ayre Acoustics could also upgrade this unit to the Twenty version for an additional fee."

So after the unit gets it's "complete upgrade", there is yet another upgrade? What is the "Twenty Version"?

I contacted Ayre and asked what upgrades have been available since the release of the AX-5 but the response was kind of a non-response. I was asked for the serial number of the unit in question and only after providing that information would they divulge what upgrades are available.

Edits: 05/10/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - Ayre AX-5 - What is the "twenty" version ? - AbeCollins 07:13:49 05/10/15 (11)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.