Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

I heard them here for four hours, they were fantastic.

Source was Bricasti M1, cables Cardas Clear except for Nordost Silver Ghost SPDIF. Loudspeakers were a custom design by Mike Zisserson.

Whereas with the 150 wpc ATC P1 (IIRC $4100) stereo amp, there was bass, but it was sloshing around at knee level, with the $30,000 Bricasti monoblocks, the bass was anchored to the floor.

An audiophile friend who grew up in Europe and who has had subscriptions to the London and New York philharmonics, with a rather nice system, said they were the best amps he had heard.

No distortion, no noise to be heard, amazing dynamics. In terms of ying and yang, a "male" sound compared to that of darTZeel's NHB-108, which is IMHO a delicate but supple "female" sound--the sweetest solid-state amp I have heard that was still essentially accurate rather than euphonic.

Obviously, I have not heard them together. I think that the Bricastis' obviously superior drive and bass makes them more an "amplifier for all seasons."

A famous classical engineer I know, John Newton, has bought quite a few of them, at least 5 (!), and has made a video, link attached.

John

Edits: 04/27/15 04/27/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.