Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: If you're OK with what Benchmark stands for - go for it.

> One thing you can be absolutely sure about: nobody was concerned with sonics in any way, when making those cables.

Well correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't just about everything we listen to been recorded after passing through "cheap" professional cables - much of it by Canare?

Recording studios use these cables for all the music we listen to, and miles of it compared to the 3 ft lengths of interconnect many of us want to spend hundreds or maybe even thousands on!

Your assertion that Canare is "unconcerned with sonics in any way" needs justification. I'm sure that if there was anything better at a sensible price (or that would improve the final recording), studios would use them instead.

When I bought my (now sold) ATC speakers some years ago direct from ATC, they gave me a pair of XLR interconnects made with similar cable. They commented that if it's good enough for use in the studios they install, it should also be good enough to link my new active speakers with my preamp.

I'm talking about balanced cabling only - there's some justification for spending much more for single ended

I agree your point about making the cables myself, but I'm happy to pay someone else to do this tricky job for me.

Peter

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.