Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Follow the money

Nonsense.

There was a day when all preamps had a phono stage. Then the CD came along. Kind of killed the need for a phono stage. This started to happen about 30 years ago. Why would companies keep building preamps with built in phono stages when there is no need or demand?

Now the trend is back to vinyl. The vast majority of people are digital only, even audiophiles. But there is a new demand for preamps with an integrated phono stage. For those that wish one box it is a great thing. Makers of preamps are responding to the demand. ARC as an example has two preamps with integrated phono stage. And lots of line stage and phono stage only products. The best of both worlds. There are many others doing the same thing.

Personally I spin vinyl and would much rather have a dedicated phono stage. Gives me far more options and flexibility.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with companies making decisions based on market demand and the bottom line. This is how the system is meant to work. It keeps consumers happy and companies in business. If some think there is some hidden motive in this reality so be it.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.