Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Serious hum problem - Dynamo 34SE

Hi everyone,

I just got a new Coincident Dynamo 34 SE tube amp. It sounds fantastic except for a rather serious hum issue. I can hear the hum at the amp and through the speakers. It doesn't increase when I turn the volume knob. I had a Musical Paradise tube amp before this with no hum issues. I didn't change anything (cables, power conditioner, outlet used, source, etc). The hum is loud enough that I can hear it into the next room when the house is quiet. Headphone listening is all but impossible due to the hum. Through the speakers it's loud enough to distract me during low level listening or quiet passages.

I have tried swapping out all the tubes, using different power cables, and bypassing the power conditioner. None of it made any difference (although when plugged directly into the wall, the hum is much more pronounced through the right channel).

Any thoughts?? I think I should have done more research as it seems that every review of the Dynamo raves about its performance but only after the review discusses a rectifier tube that blew, or a defective model he had to return, or having to use some type of power filter to control hum, etc.

Thanks for any thoughts you might have,
Scott

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Topic - Serious hum problem - Dynamo 34SE - smrex13@gmail.com 23:00:01 03/19/15 (11)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.