Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Amplifier search, continued...

If you're still looking for a tube amp..... I can't really tell because of all the solid-state amp responses......

I've been extremely pleased with my Rogue Cronus Magnum integrated with KT120 output tubes. It easily drives my Thiel CS2.4 speakers. The Atlas Magnum is basically the same amp without the preamp section.

The Magnum version is what you want:
"For the Atlas, the Magnum upgrade includes larger and better power supplies, polypropylene bypass capacitors, Dale-Vishay resistors in critical spots, better binding posts, gold tube sockets, and superior small-signal tubes. The Magnum upgrade also includes more robust output tubes exclusively run in Ultralinear mode. You can choose between the KT90 and KT120 output tubes."

These go for $1995 new and I've seen them in the $1200 - $1400 range used. If buying used, make sure it isn't a much older one with smaller power tube cut-outs in the top cover as these will not fit the larger KT120 tubes.

Cronus Magnum in my listening setup

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Amplifier search, continued... - AbeCollins 10:19:16 03/01/15 (3)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.