Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: For everyday use in a main system......

I almost got the RB 1552MKII also, but said "what the hell"
I am glad I did, I have no issues with the 2v sensitivity, but then I am using Rotel preamps. I first got the RC 1570 to go with the amp although I don't need the DAC. That combo was clean and detailed but soft in the bass.

Shortly after I saw a nice RB 1580 on Agon which I decided to try, as it is pure analog. What a difference the 1580 made, it really woke the amp up from top to bottom. These are my first Rotel purchase, and I think these will stay for a good while.

The NAD C275BEE was bought refurbished from a Agon dealer. After about three weeks the left channel started fading out while playing. Turning it off and on again would bring it back for awhile. I swapped cables and other components for a week, hoping it was not the amp. Even played with that cheap volume pot on the rear.

By this time it was pass the 30 day return date. However I emailed the dealer fully expecting to be told that my only option would be to send it for repair. To my surprise, and to the dealers credit, he took it back without a hassle. He offered a new one at a good price, but I just returned it for a full refund, did not even have to pay return shipping.
I bought the NAD C245BEE from the same dealer a few years ago, and its been trouble free, but its hooked up to the surrounds, so it dose not get much use.

Anyway, Spearit Sound is a real fine dealer, highly recommended.

AB.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.