Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Conrad Johnson Classic 2SE impression with a NAD C275BEE amp

After about 10 hours all I can say is WOW!!!!!

I listen to classical music. So of all my reference will be from - you got it - classical music. And the NAD C275BEE is great. Because it's like a chameleon. It has no actual sound of it's own. Or very little that I've ever noticed.

I can sum up my opinion in two simple quick words, SMOOTH and REFINED. I won't bother with the typical adverbs but go more to the heart of its sound.

It has an interesting "presentation" of detail. I don't mean the artificial detail you can mimic with just boosting up the top end. I mean you can clearly hear the second and third chair instruments backing up and filling in the background lines. Incredible detail and clarity while maintaining tonal and dynamic balance. It has the sound of actually being there either in the concert hall or the studio. A pleasant effect of "this" detail is the music has "layers" to it. Wonderful.

The balance in tone and dynamics is just perfect. I've had plenty of midfi pieces so I feel I am an expert on this point. The audio spectrum has no hot spots, nothing is "noticeably forward, no incredible bottom end to brag about, no coloration, no over the top dynamics (I had a Pioneer that did that), it's just sounds like music.

It reminds me of my Sherwood S-5000 amp that I had restored by Mike Samra. When you use high quality parts on a good design you elevate your musical listening experience far beyond even the most hyped$$ audio gear. As I suspected - quality counts!

Thanks CJ - now I have a new obsession!!!!

charles

Edits: 02/19/15 02/19/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - Conrad Johnson Classic 2SE impression with a NAD C275BEE amp - airtime 06:37:42 02/19/15 (14)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.