Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Devialet 200 Integrated Amp

I heard the 200 driving Focal, the 200 had the program for this model, I forgot which Focal but they were modestly priced at $3500.00 a pair, I thought the system sounded good. I listened to a Clearaudio Concept turntable play through it. As a system the bass went deep but I am used to a bit more mid bass energy. Both the amp and remote had a quality feel to them. I was actually surprised to learn the speakers were priced so reasonable as the 200 made them sound very good. There are audio products I dislike the sound of and wouldn't use but I could easily live with a 200.

In that $10k give or take there are other one box amps by Levinson, less features Musical Fidelity but Devialet has the nitch for size and upgradeability. There is also a lot of technology in that small package.

Disregard the negativity, not sure why some enjoy bashing a product based on conjecture. I guess it comes with popularity. Just to say something sucks is ignorant, I can respect opposing opinions but give me something, did you hear it, what were the circumstances and associated gear. So what if reviewers love it, it's for a reason. Reviewers also rave about Golden Ear and certain other products but I haven't seen this type of attack on them and it's unwarranted for Devialet. Or, any brand as far as that goes based on what I've read here so far.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Devialet 200 Integrated Amp - Mr Peabody 20:43:11 02/18/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.