Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: No, I think the KSA-250 draws...1440 watts

"115VAC nom." is long gone. It's now 120VAC nominal per ANSI C84.1 Assuming your utility company adheres to this standard, they are allowed a +/- 5% swing in this 120V number for normal operations, as delivered to your meter lugs; 114-126VAC.

What happens downstream from there is your problem. A utility has no control over interior wiring quality in a customers location.

Per NEC, a branch circuit load in operation for 3 hours or longer is limited to 80% of it's nominal rating. Thus a typical 15A residential branch circuit is limited to 12A continuous.

Krells' power consumption rating of a nice round number (12A) seems a bit convenient and possibly due to the circuit restrictions of the NEC.

Otherwise you are correct. The Krell has an electrical 'mileage rating' along the lines of an Abrams tank.

For a teardown vid of a KSA-250, see:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ng3RlJb1SsU

Not much chance of air circulation inside that chassis, IMO. Especially considering the power consumption rating.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.