Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: I Don't Like Lazy Use of Popular and Overused Phrases...

So you'd rather err on the side of hype than risk being lazy and boring? Don't you think we already have enough hype in this industry?

I guess where I'm struggling with your potential hype here is previously you seem to have spoke as though you are familiar with every tweak and every tweak's tiny performance limitation, even to the point you won't bother with them in comparison to component upgrades.

Yet, you've admitted you've done nothing to treat the universally noisy AC coming in from the street that dramatically affects every last system, and therefore you're unfamiliar with the potential benefits of proper line conditioning.

It's good to hear that you have tried some line conditioners. But just because the one's you've tried were inferior, should not imply all line conditioners are inferior. That's like saying I tried several crappy preamps, therefore, all preamps are crappy.

Yes, most line conditioners induce their own sonic harm whereas finding proper or superior line conditioner is more like looking for a needle in a haystack. But they do exist and it seems a bit naive that you would choose to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

You know, some of those who have extensive experience with proper line conditioning would say they couldn't tolorate listening to a system without proper line conditiong for more than 10 or 15 minutes due to ear fatigue. Even if that system contained the world's best preamp and cables.

In fact, if a component or cable is truly superior, it's a given that it is more revealing. Yet, a more revealing component does not discriminate between what it reveals more of. IOW, while revealing more music it's also revealing more distortions, (which you obviously have).

The fact that you do little or nothing to minimize the universal noisy AC coming in from the street and since you've not complained about any additional harshness or fatigue with the Liquid Pre installed in your untreated system, one could easily conclude we're not hearing accurate or objective feedback here about the Liquid Pre.

Or perhaps the Liquid Pre induces such a coloration that many of the pre-existing distortions (and quite possibly some of the music) are masked to lessen ear fatigue. Thus giving the appearance to the unaware it is "more musical".

Edits: 01/18/15 01/18/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.