Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

You are saying THE world reference preamp: marantz 7c phono stage is terrible?

How can you say such utter nonsense and appear serious ? Have you actually heard a comparison with a 7C or similar active feedback phono EQ preamp versus a "decent" passive EQ phono unit ? Do you really think the published RCA manual phono EQ, with or without an added buffer stage, sounds better ? On vintage classic records ?

I am wondering when you started listening to hifi stereo records ? You see, the vintage discs many of us grew up with were either cut with feedback EQ and/or played back over the air with active feedback EQ. Thus, many of us "remember" the timing of that era's music associated with feedback EQ equipped playback.

Most, if not all of the 45s from 1954 thru the early 1970s were cut with feedback EQ ! Likewise, most LPs from that era were cut with feedback EQ. Don't you think their playback should include the proper decoding ? Passive EQ will definitely change the timing encoded on these classic discs. Some may prefer the different sound imposed by passive EQ; but that does not make it better !

Today, the 7C is the bonafide world reference classic vintage full function preamp ! This is indisputable fact !

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.