Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Is that all you have in response?

Funny how I innocently posted my enthousiasm about a certain device that I just bought and happen to like a lot and it becomes a "class D vs all the others" hainous debate.

In the context of my system, it sounds great. I can't find any fault so far. Does it make it the absolute best? is it the "new technology that will rule all the others"? Of course not. I don't believe in the inherent superiority of something audio. It's all compromise, choice, and finding what suits your taste/context.

If anybody here doubts about my capacity to critically listen and recognize "good sound", let them be, I know what I'm made of, thank you.

Arguing about what's "best" in a hobby where you can chose anything from wide band single drivers to full blown multiple drivers power hungry 3,5ohms monsters not forgetting planars and statics and multiple horn systems, where you can chose from 1000watts SS monoblocs to active multi-amplification with again the choice between multiple classes of amplification, between tubes and solid state, digital front end / analog front end... is pueril at best, and if you ask me, is complete nonsense.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.