Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Trends TA10.1 with upgraded parts: WOW!

My friend, who's selling his little Trends amplifier, juts left my place, leaving it for a few days trial period.

The little thing has been heavily upgraded with AudioNote caps troughout, big ALPS potentiometer, better cabling... in my system it replaces a Sony TA-N86B class A amplifier that just failed. Preamp is Korn&Macway SP100.

Wow, all I can say is wow... connected to my modded LaScalas, we were both flabbergasted at how fantastic the combination sounds. Such quietness, transparency, speed, dynamic, such imaging, such finely etched treble, warm and liquid midrange, everything is there, i'm still trying to find a fault, it's so much betetr than anything i've owned so far it is SCARY. And on 104dB horns it sounds like it will never run out of steam despite it's 6watt/channel, even when playing rock or heavy electronic music.

I'm shocked. I think my search for the perfect power amp is stopped for a long while! and seeing a power amp the size of two packs of cigarettes drive a pair of speakers the size of fridges to concert levels without any strain is quite amuzing! I had read on the 6moons review of the Trends TA10.1 how magical a match it was with Klipsch LaScala, and how boy they were right...

Edits: 01/09/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Topic - Trends TA10.1 with upgraded parts: WOW! - KanedaK 07:42:24 01/09/15 (52)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.