Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

AVA T7 Impressions

Yesterday I received a T7 and have been listening to vinyl with it for quite a few hours yesterday. Prior to this I was using an EAR 834P c/w volume pot, direct to my amps. I have heard a couple of different preamps in my system, most recently the Bent TVC. I have not heard an active preamp in my current system.

The T7 is a fantastic linestage. It has all of the transparency that I am used to with what was basically a passive system, with nothing unusual or negative introduced that I could hear, yet it does give a wonderful sense of dynamics and drive that I have not heard before and which is very welcome. The large scale dynamics, contrasting low signal to high signal is quite wonderful and adds a sense of something that live music has that I was missing with a passive pre before. Other than the increased dynamics, and no perceivable loss of transparency, there is not much else to say at this point about the linestage section.

I did briefly compare the T7 onboad phono section to the 834P thru the T7 and at first I would say the 834P is smoother sounding and the T7 more crisp and solid like.

Bryan

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Topic - AVA T7 Impressions - bryan 09:10:45 07/29/03 (23)

You can not post to an archived thread.