Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Here's a review of the MCP-18 by Steven Stone in TAS

Well there's the reviews on Amazon, for what they are worth. Audio Circle's NuForce section has a fairly long thread with some good info in it also.

I bought one from Audio Advisor when they were $599. It gave me a nice upgrade from my passive plus tube buffer preamp. I run a consumer amp for my KEF monitors, and Yamaha pro amps for the subs, so it is nice to have a unit that outputs both RCA and XLR at the same time. Love the way the display goes dark after an adjustment is made, looks very stealthy.

One thing that was worrying was that the original remote (which IMHO is not much to begin with) came damaged, but working. I ask AA to contact the factory and source me a new one before I sent the damaged one back to China. They were told there would not be a replacement available. Luckily for me, AA had another one in stock that they sent to me as a replacement.

Nuforce was acquired by Optoma, and AFAIK, the MCP-18 is not in the new line up.

If you buy one of these, I recommend you also get a learning remote, and transfer the codes over to it. Then hide the NuForce one somewhere safe and sound.

Edits: 12/15/14 12/15/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.