Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Kenwood repair

Hi all. New to the forum and the reason I joined was to hopefully get some information regarding Kenwood amps and where in Houston Texas someone could get one repaired. About my system, it's a 1987 year model KM-106 amp paired with a set of Klipsch Epic CF-2's. The control amp is still working but the power amp started "squeaking" out of one channel and eventually failed. The other channel works fine. I'm looking for a repair shop that can restore it to factory specs. I've considered replacing but from what I've compared with the newer amps I haven't been able to find any with specs competitive to this.....

125 watts per channel 8 ohms
THD 0.03 at rated power, 0.015@1/2 power, 0.002@1/2 power 1khz
Intermodulation distortion 0.002 at rated power
Frequency response 5Hz to 200khz +0 -3db
Power bandwidth 0.2thd 8ohms 10hz to 50khz
Signal to noise ratio 120 db
Dampening factor 35@50hz

I'm not an audio expert so correct me if I'm wrong but I think the specs on this amp are pretty good. Nothing compares to the sound this combination produces. Crytal clear up to nine on the volume control if your ears can handle it. I still use a turntable since we all know that's the best medium for music and this classic amp was made for vinyl. So sorry for the long post but I really miss sitting back and putting on a good record and melting into the music. Mp3's streamed over the bluetooth Sony soundbar just don't cut it for me. Is there anyone that can repair this amp?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Topic - Kenwood repair - KenwoodClassic 23:49:07 12/11/14 (11)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.