Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Dry Condo...BAD static electricity...affects CJ Pre...

Here in Minnesoooota, we are about 6 weeks into the winter and currently experiencing a warm humid spell in the 30's...before Thanksgiving it was cold and dry...

I would be watching TV or listening to music and my CJ pre would go into the Theater by-pass mode, (EPL), or switch inputs without touch anything...I would grab the remote put it back to the input I was listening to...

Sometime it would just go back to the selected input no prob...other times it would require pushing the EPL button twice, then push the input...

Occasionally, when I pushed the EPL button, I would get that loud crack coming through the speakers...always a little scary...

When I go to shut it off, if I do not ground myself a couple of times...when my finger gets about an inch away for the power button...a blue spark comes from the CJ and kicks it into the EPL mode again...

I do not mind doing the ground myself when shutting it off, but when it just switches inputs for what appears to be no reason other than the condo being really dry and the outside air temp zero or below with very low relative humidity...gets worse the colder and drier it gets...

I have not called CJ as of yet and I did experience this a little last winter...but not like it has been...

My amp never shuts off and no other gear has these issues...I am not getting rid of my preamp or moving to Florida anytime soon...

I am guessing I may have to run a ground wire to my rack or something else that will ground it...

I was just wondering if any other inmates have experienced this with any of your gear???

And if so, what did you do to resolve this???

thanks
Mark

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - Dry Condo...BAD static electricity...affects CJ Pre... - Mark Man 18:52:25 12/11/14 (24)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.