Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: But

Cab,

You are entitled to your own opinion , not your own science...

"The dual-mono Tandberg 3009As, which Greenhill had found to be fast, detailed amps with etched highs, took on a bass emphasis and acquired a stronger midrange presence. Both amps can deliver more than 400 watts into 4 ohms, and Tandberg claims more than 800 watts output at 1 ohm. But neither could drive the Scintillas on peaks to more than 88 dB (at 1 meter) in Kachalsky's normally upholstered living room."

MEASURED:

So 800 watts peak at 1 ohm netted 88db (measured @1M) and you estimate what ? As to your other conjecture of the where lamm 1.1 would put out 400 + watts at 1 ohm is also absurd, I had gone to the trouble to post up it's thd vs power output and at anything above 100 watts it's distortion takes off , same for 8,4,2. I'm sorry Cab, you may not be as scientific as you project, Give us your opinion, I'm usually in agreement, but until you improve on your methodology, stay away from such absurd statements as fact.

My take ? if you have ribbons or hard to drive heavy current demanding speakers, stay away from Lamm 1.1 . Acceptable to me after viewing the 1.1 test results ...

Regards..

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.