Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: I disagree with your assessment

"the lamm current limits going from 8-4 ,"

No it doesn't, the measurements were made with two different amp settings...the impedance switch man, the impedance switch it affects the Class A output of the amp.

I did the calculations correctly prove me wrong.

Now, did you notice the doubling of power from 4 to 2 ohms??? How do you explaing that in the measurements if the amp is current limiting from 8 to 4 as you claim?? Not logical is it? It is simple to explain when you understand that the 8 and 4 ohms are optimized by the impedance switch to maintain Class A power delivery. Into 2 ohms it is nearly doubling and has probably slipped into Class AB.

"I'm of the opinion , based on your comments , what you favor might just be the Clipping characteristics of these amplifiers..."

And I'm of the opinion, based on your comments, that you haven't got a clue about good sound or what can drive what in reality...OR you listen VERY VERY LOUDLY (average 100db+). Honestly, no one likes the sound of clipping and it is stupid to suggest so.

"Follow me now :

The LAMM , does not have strong current drive ,you dislike the sound of this amplifier because you are running past it's distortion sweet spot, go back and look at the test results ,compare its distortion at 8 and 2 ohm , see something , yes imagine that , measurements do say something .. "

Nope, not buying one cent of your argument. Your assumption is based only on what I would consider very loud listening...I don't listen nearly as loud as it would take to stress this amp on ANY of the speakers mentioned...especially the relatively sensitive Thiels and the easy to drive Studio Grands.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.