Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Cary service

In another thread, I had alerted the OP to issues I have had with three different pieces of Cary gear I had purchased all brand new (one with repeat QC problems), all either within the warranty period or shortly thereafter. They were not newly introduced models, but established models in their lineup. In any case, the nature of the problems I had would be unrelated to any consideration of how newly introduced any model might be.

I was reporting on my personal experiences, and part of that personal experience is my opinion that trying to enlist Cary warranty coverage is difficult at best, which to this day I find most frustrating. Now, so none of you think I make a career out of grousing, let me say that I also own some Parasound gear that I have needed the company’s assistance with, and there is simply no comparison. Parasound customer support was quite good, while Cary’s pales in comparison, again, in my experience.

I had mentioned to the OP that if he is thinking of a piece of used Cary gear, that he may wish to consider that since he previously (in the other thread) mentioned that he has budget limitations, that the cost of the 300B tubes plus the cost of Cary factory service, which can be quite high (just have a look), may be an issue for him. Based upon QC issues I have had even after sending my SLI-80 in to Cary two or three times, I will opt to work on it myself, going forward.

Edits: 11/17/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.