Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

With all due respect...

Your assessment is out to lunch. The problems you heard had NOTHING to do with the Electrocompaniet amp. The EC gear is one of very few solid state gear that gets it right. Although I listen to tubes more than SS, EC gear is among the very best SS I have heard.

I have a a ECC-1, EC 4.7 preamp, and a AW2-120 power amp. It easily surpassed the Pass Labs gear I used to own in just about every possible measure. I have it connected to ATC speakers with the Super Linear drivers, and I can tell the readers that the combination is truly outstanding. The depth, detail, 3D, and accuracy are stunning. There are some recordings that one would almost swear that the listener is in the studio hearing the performance. Very few amps (especially solid state ones) can provide that illusion.

I have run into audiophiles who eschew accuracy for a euphonic presentation (especially ones who favorite recordings are severely compromised/compressed). The EC/ATC combo exposes the the recording/source for what it is, be it good or bad.

I don't always listen to SS gear, but when I do, I listen to Electrocompaniet.

" Don't look back. Something may be gaining on you"

Satchel Paige

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.