Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Maybe I'm missing it

But I didn't see the SCA-35 available "fully assembled" (or even as a kit) from either Dynakitparts or Tubes4hifi. I'm not suggesting you're wrong, simply that I couldn't find one.

One word of caution to the original poster. I agree with Petercapo that an SCA-35 might be an amp to consider, albeit with two caveats. The first, and most important one, is that nobody produces the 7199 input tube any longer, and replacements can be very expensive. That's the reason I searched for the fully assembled SCA-35 link. I wanted to see what input tubes they were using now.

The second is that if you do decide to go with a SCA-35 (or ST-35), I'd consider Dave Gillespie's EFB modification mandatory. Not only does it run the output tubes much easier, it also made a rather substantial improvement to the sound of my SCA-35. For about $5 in parts, it transformed what I always considered Dynaco's worst sounding tube amp, to a very musical contender.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.