Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Help! Oscillation sound through speakers.

So I turned on my system yesterday and after warming up for a couple/few minutes, I heard an oscillating sound through both speakers. I immediately turned off the amp and checked the seating of all of the tubes (the power tubes are a new set installed last week) and all of the connections in the system. Found no issues and no smell of smoke.

I then turned the volume all the way down (it had been at 9 o'clock) and turned the system back on. I heard nothing but the usual noise with my ear to the drivers and, as usual, nothing two feet away. I then turned up the volume knob and the oscillating sound appeared and increased as the gain was increased. I then immediately shut of the amp and system again.

Just this morning I took off the cover. Nothing burnt or obviously wrong, except for a fuse (B+ rail?) not fully seated. It was making contact at both ends however. Could this be the problem?

Could it be something else?

TIA

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Topic - Help! Oscillation sound through speakers. - classfolkphile 06:45:58 11/09/14 (3)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.