Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Dynakitparts SCA-35

A used one will go for something like $150 to around $400 depending on condition. A rebuild, which may likely be needed for it to meet its potential, would cost, I don't know, maybe a few hundred more depending on what you have done and the quality of the parts.

Though it is an option, it might or might not make financial sense to buy an original and then send it out to get rebuilt. If you rebuild it yourself, that's another matter, I suppose. Last I knew, I think you can get a brand new one for around $1,000. I have a Stereo 35, which is basically the same power amp section as the SCA-35, and it sounds great.

I suggest inquiring with different places. For example, you could ask Joe Curcio for a price to rebuild an original. Or, you could contact Sal Brisindi, who builds the new Dynakit. There is also Roy Mottram at tubes4hifi, who I think sells a fully assembled, new SCA-35. Either way, as long as it is up and running properly, it should be a great-sounding little integrated on a par with most anything else near that price range and higher. Not a lot of power, but your speakers are efficient.

Another great thing about the Dynacos is that there is a ton of support and documentation available.

Edits: 11/08/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.