Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Agree: Cary SLP-05

We moved to a home that had a finished basement that made for a decent AV setup. Unfortunately, the previous owner had the middle cubbyhole designed to fit a large boxy rear projection TV (before Plasma and other flatscreen technologies were available). See the photo.

The Cary SLP-05 was not a good fit for the limitations of the space and the AV rack that I was using which supported the TV and other gear inside the cubbyhole. The Cary is rather high with the linestage section sitting on top of it's external power supply. Even with the power supply to the side of the Cary, it needs more vertical space for good ventilation. In our previous home we had a separate home theater and audio setup. In the one pictured, it was combined and I needed a more 'traditional' one-box linestage that would more easily fit the limited rack space.

I also enjoy trying various gear so just because I sell something does not mean I found something better. I still believe the Cary SLP-05 was easily THE BEST linestage I ever owned in terms of audio performance.

My current setup has me in a small home office listening room until we finish the basement.... maybe someday.

Photo was taken in 2009. The Cary SLP-05 was long gone by then.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Agree: Cary SLP-05 - AbeCollins 09:07:23 11/05/14 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.