Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Krell Vanguard Impressions

Well, I finally got my hands on a Vanguard and was able to compare it to my FPB300cx/PhantomIII combo. Long story short is that I kept the Krell Vanguard and liquidated the older Krell combo! My system consists of B&W803D's, Transparent Ultra Cabling and PPL's and a Krell SACD Standard MKIII. The Vanguard had me at note one....liquid detail, an open and airy soundstage, a clear neutral but warm midrange and a deep articulate bottom end. This was RAW! As the unit is breaking in, more warmth and low level information is coming through....an exceptional integrated amp with reference level sound. MSRP is $4500 and it has zero outputs, which may be a problem for some users, but for a high performance 2 channel dedicated system it competes with other integrateds and seperates costing several times more! To clarify the iBias issue regarding this amp....it is operating in Class A/B but utilizes design elements from their newest preamps and amps which delivers a quality of sound I have only ever heard in Class A amplification. For those who have heard the 400xi integrated, I would say that the Vanguard is a 400xi on steroids...more refined, dynamic, clearer and with Class A tone and warmth!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Topic - Krell Vanguard Impressions - thebordas 06:58:08 10/20/14 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.