Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

"sounds absolutely incredible"

"He has a pair of NCore NC1200 amps driving Magnepan 3.7 speakers and his setup sounds absolutely incredible."

Abe, it is interesting that you think the NC400s sound somewhat flat in your system but that your friend's system sounds "incredible" with the larger NC1200 amps. You are not the only one who has reported a significant performance improvement resulting from the NC1200 over the NC400.

I would be really curious to hear what your friend thinks of the comparison between NC1200 and NC400, since he has probably compared them directly in his system.

My only experience is with the NC1200 and, even compared to a pair of $17K Class A monos, those NC1200s held their own. In fact they actually sounded better to me in the bass, with the midrange being a close call. Definitely not two dimensional.

Regarding cases, the best I have seen are from Aluminati~Sound, which are milled from solid aluminum (see link). They are considering another run of those cases as discussed under their manufacturer's site on AudioCircle.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.