Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: How did you use the iPad as a monitor?

I'm not really using the iPad as a monitor for the Mini. It is running the free Remote App which allows you to display and control iTunes. You have to enable Home Sharing in iTunes. You use the Remote App over wifi. The iPad cable you see in the photo is just charging the iPad.

In my case, iTunes is used to manage my music, iPad (or iPhone) to control it remotely, but I'm also running Audirvana Plus on the Mac which bypasses Apple's Core Audio for better sonics.

There are several "remote desktop" Apps for the iPad / Mac and they all work over the network / wifi. I had pretty good results with Jump Desktop. Apple's own "Remote Desktop" is also excellent but somewhat overkill. It is ideally suited for instructor / classroom like scenarios where the instructor can easily switch and view various student desktops and display them to his screen or projector. It's a very good product but a bit complex for individual use.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: How did you use the iPad as a monitor? - AbeCollins 07:32:26 10/17/14 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.