Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Better than any ICEpower I've ever heard....

NCore NC400 is definitely smooth and I'm getting better bass detail than I ever had with ICEpower. My bass detail test consists of how well I can hear the various low notes from the big upright bass. With ICEpower the bass was there but a little muddy or nondescript on separating the low low notes.

I'm playing some smooth female vocals which is usually easy stuff for any decent amp. Some amps get grainy but they have to be pretty bad these days to not sound at least good on female vocals.

I may not be hearing as much top end as I'm accustomed to. The sound is a bit warm and perhaps ever so slightly 'soft'. So my next test will be rock to see if these amps can light up and thunder with dynamics. I want to hear cymbals crash and decay with no muted softness or rounding. I'll save that for tomorrow and I still need to put the Rogue tube amp back in the system for comparison.

So far I'm impressed with the NC400, more so than the various ICEpower amps I've had, but still skeptical of Class D overall relative to good tube amps. We'll see.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Better than any ICEpower I've ever heard.... - AbeCollins 19:06:03 10/15/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.