Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Bellari VP129 Grado SR60e Combo Not Loud Enough

So I finally got my hands on a pair of SR60's and was looking forward to putting them to use with my Bellari phono stage but the combo just isn't working. I have the volume control on the Bellari turned all the way up and the volume level is what I would consider half-way from a dB standpoint.

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong, if there is something amiss with the Bellari or if this is all the Bellari is capable of. I'm thinking the latter is not the case as I have read numerous posts about how good this things sounds. I originally bought it as a phono pre but with only 30dB of gain had to turn to a "real" phono pre (the Jolida JD9) to be able to listen to anything (glad I did, btw). I kept the Bellari thinking it would work as a headphone pre, but same probably, low anemic sound. My TT is a Pro-ject Debut III with a Ortofon 2M a MM that puts out 5.5mv. The 32 ohm SR60e's are relatively efficient for all intents and purposes.

Any suggestions? Would switching out the stock tube in the Bellari make that much of a difference? I wouldn't think the stock tube would be unusable.

Thanks, in advance.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Topic - Bellari VP129 Grado SR60e Combo Not Loud Enough - Vinylized 11:28:36 10/14/14 (9)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.