Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: I have chosen BAT VK75SE over ARC VT100 MK3, but the sound…

This amp is not a plug and play unit, if the tubes are in a sealed box that means to me that the tubes are not matched, they need to be in matched pairs, if not you are going to blow the fuse which is easy to replace or you may damage other parts that may need replacement. If you check the New Sensor site the best way to match tubes are to match them in the unit you are using. Here the closer they are matched the better your amp will sound, like a picture you are going to enlarge, the better focused the orignal the better the result. But tubes drift and fail just like ss devices, luckily you can rematch and aquire tubes a lot easier, and will sound just like new again as long as the parts in the unit and the unit itself is in spec.
From experience whenever I changed the 6V6 tube I needed to readjust the unit. I get the best performance using the reissue Tung Sol 6SN7, Gold Lion 6v6 tube, and the Electro Harmonix gold pin 6H30 tube.
The Nichicon LQ series used in this unit are obsolete according to the Nichicon website and passed its shelf life from other sources, changing them to Nichicon's newer, beefier, and higher temperature caps will give you another 10 years of unheralded sound. If your .22uf oil caps don't have the epoxy ends they need to be replaced, I suggest using Jensen's .22uf 1000v copper tube/foil cap.
If your pins are loose simply get a 90 degree plier and simply squeeze them tight going through the center hole of the socket, and as for the heat issue use the Noctua NF-A15 PWM fans.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.