Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Well, ordered the amp.

Congrats! Let us know what you think of the Rogue after you've had some hours on it. As you know, I have the very similar Cronus Magnum integrated. It's basically the same as your Atlas Magnum but with a preamp section.

BTW, I had the old Peachtree iDecco (with iPod dock on top that I never used) in the family room system driving a pair of Tannoy Saturn S8LR bookshelf speakers. It was certainly much better than the tiny TV speakers but something was bugging me. The highs seemed a bit rolled off and not very dynamic and transparent overall. This could be partially due to insufficient power to get the best out of my speakers and the early Peachtree design. It's one of the originals from many years ago.

I swapped in a Marantz PM8003 integrated and it made a world of difference for the better. I'm wondering if the early Peachtrees were lacking and the newest ones are much improved.

The Marantz didn't cut it in my main system especially up against the Rogue but it sure is doing a fine job in the family room for TV and movies, strictly a 2-ch setup.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Well, ordered the amp. - AbeCollins 14:30:24 09/22/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.