Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Replacement for Dynaco A470 Xfmr not as expected

Yesterday I finished restoration of the Dynakit Stereo-70 that I have been working on. It has a modified power supply with 4 new radial electrolytics of 100mFd arranged such that there are two stacked pairs with equalizing resistors across them for about 68mFd @ 600V and in circuit just after the rectifier tube and another following the choke. The other four electrolytic sections in the can were arranged with two sections paralleled to filter the lowest two B+ voltages going to the PC board. The rectifier tube now has two 1N4006 silicon rectifiers in series with each plate. New metal film resistors of 1% were used only the feedback resistors being retained. New polypropylene capacitors were used. The board was modified to use 6GH8A tubes. One Amperex and one RCA 6GH8A were installed along with JJ 6CA7/EL34 outputs. The unit sounds great now and looks good too.

Joe

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Replacement for Dynaco A470 Xfmr not as expected - strijw426 12:06:49 09/19/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.