Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: CD player level control & preamp gain

Thanks for your reply, but there are few reasons why i'd love to keep the preamp:

1) it's easily the best piece of audio gear i've ever possessed and plays a big part in the sound i'm getting and enjoy so much. I've had quite a few preamps dring all those years (NAD 1300, Rotel RC980BX, Technics SU-A6, Marantz SC80, DIY Kaneda, SAE Mk 1B fully restored, Sony TA-E86B...) and this is completely in another league. Makes the hair on the back of my neck rise!

2) I'm currently fixing a record player to enjoy vinyl replay as well

3) I've been playing with no preamp at all and passive preamps and if the result might be slightly more transparent it's only by a very small margin such is the quality of this preamp. But the punch, body, and speed it brings to the sound was very sorely missed.

all I need to know is if using the CD player output level control does any harm to the sound (not that I can hear any, but I wanna know). if not, then all is well. if it does, the i'll buy inline attenuators from goldenjack or similar. :)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.