Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Counterpoint SA 1000 help requested

I just picked up a pretty-near mint un-modified SA 1000 and have broken it in thoroughly. But I don't have a manual and need some advice.

Only one of the two phono settings can be used at a time, and I read here (I thing) that changing from one to the other is simply removing or changing a jumber. Well, I've found the jumper, but it connects pins 3 and 4 on a four pin strip .... and before I blow up the preamp by doing something stupid I thought I'd ask here if anybody has the settings for high gain, and for low gain....and also whether or not the "high" and "low" markings on the selector switch refer to gain, or to high output cartridge and lower output cartridge (exact opposite to gain).

If anybody has a copy of the manual or schematic they could provide, either online or via snailmail I'd very much appreciate it. Eventually i plan to do some of the upgrades appropriate to this preamp.
Harry

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Topic - Counterpoint SA 1000 help requested - theaudiohiffle 12:02:02 09/10/14 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.